Happy track Alpha/Beta Thread.

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2017, 03:01am




demoliton derby &figure 8 race add-ins
track's
member's track's (Moderators: flash, vrana124, 572bigblock)
  Happy track Alpha/Beta Thread.
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5
   Author  Topic: Happy track Alpha/Beta Thread.  (Read 2017 times)
Strassman
Junior Member


member is offline






Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 73
Re: Happy track Alpha/Beta Thread.
« Reply #15 on: Jul 26th, 2010, 4:29pm »

on Jul 26th, 2010, 4:02pm, 572bigblock wrote:
it could be done. I was talking having the pit stretch to touch each side of the track. It looks like max has 2 large balls on each side of the pit. I was thinking of eliminating those and stretching the pit on each side in their place.

Yep, I'm onboard for stretching the pit. Those balls (in the picture) are only there if we could get them working.
(They were the original balls)

Man, this thread has a lot "ball talk"...lol!!
Logged

Strassman's DD&F8 Downloads
http://www.strassman.info/demoderby/
572bigblock
Moderator


member is offline






Homepage Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 721
Re: Happy track Alpha/Beta Thread.
« Reply #16 on: Jul 26th, 2010, 6:27pm »

Already, thats my next step. I'll get something together with the ball pit, and email it to both of you.

So BOTH of you can play with my balls!


You're right about the 'ball talk'

I see you've changed your display picture for the occasion!
Logged

-572bb

Strassman
Junior Member


member is offline






Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 73
Re: Happy track Alpha/Beta Thread.
« Reply #17 on: Jul 26th, 2010, 9:42pm »

on Jul 26th, 2010, 6:27pm, 572bigblock wrote:
Already, thats my next step. I'll get something together with the ball pit, and email it to both of you.

Sounds good...

Quote:
So BOTH of you can play with my balls!

Sounds...erm...not so good...


Quote:
You're right about the 'ball talk'

I see you've changed your display picture for the occasion!

You noticed...LOL!!
Logged

Strassman's DD&F8 Downloads
http://www.strassman.info/demoderby/
madmax
Global Moderator


member is offline






Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1484
Re: Happy track Alpha/Beta Thread.
« Reply #18 on: Jul 28th, 2010, 07:58am »

I redid the grid with Cars facing each other from the Far End of the Track. Unfortuneately, the cars will not Charge Head on. The will backup and park against the wall. They will try to turn and go backwards into the adjacent car. Not the rush we were looking for.

So, I move the cars closer and face to face and all they do is go backwards at the start. I could nose plant them at each other and have them back away next.

I can leave it as it is, at least the cars are 2/3s apart and will try to back into one another.

When I had the cars REAR facing and at the FAR end of the track, they also would not charge across. They would go for the cars on their own end.

I have the files and I could send them, but its really not worth the effort of looking.

I would stick with what we have for a grid for now, until the Centre Piece is made and then see what else can be done with the grid.
Logged

Strassman
Junior Member


member is offline






Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 73
Re: Happy track Alpha/Beta Thread.
« Reply #19 on: Jul 28th, 2010, 08:44am »

on Jul 28th, 2010, 07:58am, madmax wrote:
I redid the grid with Cars facing each other from the Far End of the Track. Unfortuneately, the cars will not Charge Head on. The will backup and park against the wall. They will try to turn and go backwards into the adjacent car. Not the rush we were looking for.

So, I move the cars closer and face to face and all they do is go backwards at the start. I could nose plant them at each other and have them back away next.

I can leave it as it is, at least the cars are 2/3s apart and will try to back into one another.

When I had the cars REAR facing and at the FAR end of the track, they also would not charge across. They would go for the cars on their own end.

I have the files and I could send them, but its really not worth the effort of looking.

I would stick with what we have for a grid for now, until the Centre Piece is made and then see what else can be done with the grid.


Sounds good Max, I didn't mind the way you had done it anyway...options.
Logged

Strassman's DD&F8 Downloads
http://www.strassman.info/demoderby/
572bigblock
Moderator


member is offline






Homepage Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 721
Re: Happy track Alpha/Beta Thread.
« Reply #20 on: Jul 28th, 2010, 6:44pm »

I havent made any progress on the ball pit yet, so anything goes for the starting grid.

What if we went back to the strass' idea of having a small pit in the center of the track? And have the cars circled around it so all cars will collide somewhere in the center of the pit:





Also the direction the AI cars like to go at the start of the race can be changed in the Track's AIW file, I'm just not sure how. In the figure 8 race cars like to go forward at the start, so you can compare the two AIW files. The differences will give a better idea what peice of code does that.
Logged

-572bb

madmax
Global Moderator


member is offline






Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1484
Re: Happy track Alpha/Beta Thread.
« Reply #21 on: Jul 29th, 2010, 5:52pm »

I like that starting grid too... That should work ok.

Lazy that I am, I have discovered that you can't always just cut and paste a line of data/code from the F8 AIW Files and have it work without crashing.
Logged

572bigblock
Moderator


member is offline






Homepage Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 721
Re: Happy track Alpha/Beta Thread.
« Reply #22 on: Jul 29th, 2010, 9:47pm »

on Jul 29th, 2010, 5:52pm, madmax wrote:
I like that starting grid too... That should work ok.

Lazy that I am, I have discovered that you can't always just cut and paste a line of data/code from the F8 AIW Files and have it work without crashing.


thats very true. It sounds easy enough like I said it, until you look at the code.


You can also use a program called Modelers Garage to make 3d files, create SCN files, and make your own AIW files from scratch. If you knew what you were doing with the program you could make the cars do whatever on startup. And the program writes a new AIW file.

The trouble is that I dont know what I am doing when running that program. It seems confusing to me the little I have run it and I have definately not caught on to it yet. Somehow on my fort dodge F8 track after attempting to move the AI line, cars run 2 laps before 1 lap is counted.

I havent given up hope with Modelers Garage. Thats all most modders have used for SCGT so its a good program. I definately need to take the time to learn it


Also I will begin the ball pit and make it just like it is in the picture.
Logged

-572bb

madmax
Global Moderator


member is offline






Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1484
Re: Happy track Alpha/Beta Thread.
« Reply #23 on: Aug 3rd, 2010, 07:20am »

Shall I wait for the Ball Pit or attempt to make the grid like you suggest and you fit the Ball Pit in?

Is this ball pit drive through? Or are parts of it drive through?

Logged

572bigblock
Moderator


member is offline






Homepage Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 721
Re: Happy track Alpha/Beta Thread.
« Reply #24 on: Aug 3rd, 2010, 10:56am »

i finished the actual pit last night. Needs a little more work though. And I just need to add the balls after that to finish up. Because of the way the track was built, It ended up being a little longer. The whole pit is driveable. I made it pretty shallow so the AI cars didnt get stuck inside.
Logged

-572bb

Strassman
Junior Member


member is offline






Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 73
Re: Happy track Alpha/Beta Thread.
« Reply #25 on: Aug 3rd, 2010, 4:41pm »

Lookin' forward to seeing what you came up with...
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2010, 9:51pm by Strassman » Logged

Strassman's DD&F8 Downloads
http://www.strassman.info/demoderby/
572bigblock
Moderator


member is offline






Homepage Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 721
Re: Happy track Alpha/Beta Thread.
« Reply #26 on: Aug 5th, 2010, 11:00am »

My balls shrunk today...


not because of steroids, but I made them a fraction of the size to fit in the ball pit. I've started multiplying them and next I will place them around in the pit.


Hopefully the next picture you will see of the track, it will have a finished ball pit and a new ZIP file for Strass and Max.


Funny thing happened when I mapped the ball pit. The bank on one side of the track got a little tweaked, stretched, and distorted.

I'll have to fix that, too
Logged

-572bb

Strassman
Junior Member


member is offline






Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 73
Re: Happy track Alpha/Beta Thread.
« Reply #27 on: Aug 5th, 2010, 3:14pm »

on Aug 5th, 2010, 11:00am, 572bigblock wrote:
My balls shrunk today...


not because of steroids, but I made them a fraction of the size to fit in the ball pit. I've started multiplying them and next I will place them around in the pit.


Hopefully the next picture you will see of the track, it will have a finished ball pit and a new ZIP file for Strass and Max.


Funny thing happened when I mapped the ball pit. The bank on one side of the track got a little tweaked, stretched, and distorted.

I'll have to fix that, too

Shrunken balls & a tweaked/stretched side...sounds like something that should be checked out by a doctor!! LOL!!

Can't wait to see the progress...

Cheers!!
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2010, 3:15pm by Strassman » Logged

Strassman's DD&F8 Downloads
http://www.strassman.info/demoderby/
572bigblock
Moderator


member is offline






Homepage Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 721
Re: Happy track Alpha/Beta Thread.
« Reply #28 on: Aug 5th, 2010, 6:07pm »

on Aug 5th, 2010, 3:14pm, Strassman wrote:
Shrunken balls & a tweaked/stretched side...sounds like something that should be checked out by a doctor!! LOL!!

Can't wait to see the progress...

Cheers!!



LMAO

the doctor would marvel at all of the balls I have NOW.

I have 16 balls in the pit
Logged

-572bb

madmax
Global Moderator


member is offline






Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1484
Re: Happy track Alpha/Beta Thread.
« Reply #29 on: Aug 12th, 2010, 2:13pm »

Any updates on the ball pit?

Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4  5
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Monthly Ad-Free Plan!

$6.99 Gets 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

This Board Hosted For FREE By SuddenLaunch
Get Your Own Free Message Board!