member is offline
REASONS WHY YOUR DOWNLOADED CAR DOESN'T WORK
« Thread started on: Nov 25th, 2011, 08:07am »
1) ALL DOWNLOADED CARS POSTED ON THE HUB WORK!!
2) ALL CARS REQUIRE A CLASSFILE TO WORK (STOCK CLASSFILES ARE 1,2,4,8, and 16)
2a)Downloaded Cars may use those class files or require a NEW Classfile
2c) A list of 99% of the classfiles can be downloaded from here..
3) ALL CARS MUST BE DOWNLOADED INTO YOUR VEHICLES FOLDER
4) ALL CLASS FILE MUST BE LOCATED INSIDE YOUR VEHICLES FOLDER
5) Each Car Folder should only have 3 Files Maximum inside it!!!
a) LXXGICON (LXX = Letter, Number, Number , like B21gicon) This is your SELECTION BOX PICTURE!!!
b) LXXGPXA (This shows the NAME of the Car and its Car number and classfile and tires it uses)
c) TEAM.MAS (This is the Car itself that spins in your selection box and loads into the game)
Reasons why your car doesn't work
1) MISSING CLASS FILE (The downloaded car may not come with the needed classfile and assumes you already downloaded cars that came with a new class file it uses)
2) Classfile located inside the Cars Folder Many downloaded cars come with the class file inside the cars folder. This class file needs to be MOVED from inside the car and put in the vehicles folder where the rest of the classfiles are found.
3) Classfile located inside car and is already installed inside vehicles folder simply delete the classfile inside the cars folder. If the classfile is a newer one or updated, then use the newfile located inside the car to replace the old one. If the one inside the car is older, then simply delete it.
4) Tramp files or unnecessary files inside the cars folder. Sometimes a car is sent with extra skins or tires. Often this causes no problems, but sometimes it causes the car not to load into the game. Move or delete the extra files. See above (5a,b,c) for what files should be INSIDE the cars folder.
5) BLANK SPACE ON SELECTION BOX
5a) Car folder may be missing LXXICON PICTURE! (Car will still spin, just no picture on selection scrollBar)
5b) Car is installed improperly (most common is the car is DOUBLE FOLDERED) such as
Whereas it should be
6) Don't put ZIP FOLDERS OF CARS INSIDE THE VEHICLES FOLDER!!! Sometimes you get away with it, but eventually it will cause a problem. Keep your DOWNLOADED ZIP Cars in a separate area and ONLY INSTALL THE CONTENTS of the ZIP FOLDER into the VEHICLES FOLDER.
I recommend you Make a NEW FOLDER called DOWNLOADED CARS!!!
Inside that Folder I recommend you make a FOLDER named after each builder you are downloading the car from.
NEW FOLDER Renamed to DOWNLOADED CARS
and each time you download a zip file save it in the respective folder of the builder.
7) KNOW the NAME OF THE CAR you just installed into your game!!! TEST IT!!!
IF IT DOESN'T WORK, make sure it has NO CLASSFILE INSIDE!!! OR HAS A NEW CLASSFILE put in the vehicles folder if needed! A car that doesn't work is of no value to you! If left on your computer, it can be loaded during an online derby and cause your computer to crash. SO MAKE YOUR CARS WORK OR DELETE THEM!!!
8) Sometimes people have TWO copies of the game installed. This is not unusual, sometimes its done by accident.
If you put cars in the vehicles folder and can't find them... make sure you only have one game installed. If you have two, you are probably putting cars in the wrong vehicles folder! This is rare, but it happens.